Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Richter Report - April 5, 2006 - Warawa Promises "Complete Response"

Regarding my March 30/o6 Richter Report, Langley MP Mark Warawa responded (see below) to my previous email to him regarding my concerns on the Federal Government's new "Boots on the Ground" campaign in Washington D.C. I look forward to his promised "complete response" and I will post it here as soon as I receive it.

From: Mark Warawa, M.P.
Date: Friday, March 31, 2006 9:32 PM
To: 'Kim Richter'
Subject: RE: Canadian Military Advertising in Washington DC

Dear Ms. Richter,

Thank you for your e-mail, outlining your concerns about the possible direction the federal government may take Canadian Forces.

To answer your concerns comprehensively requires a look at our national policy on foreign affairs and national defence. I will write back soon with a more complete response that I trust will reassure you of the Conservative government’s motives regarding Canada’s military.

Sincerely,
Mark Warawa
Member of Parliament, Langley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Kim Richter [mailto:kimrichter@canada.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 2:09 PM
To: markwarawa@shaw.ca
Subject: Canadian Military Advertising in Washington DC

Dear MP Warawa:

I am writing to you as a concerned resident of the federal riding you represent. I recently discovered that the federal government is advertising its military presence in the US. Please follow the attached link http://www.dcist.com/archives/2006/03/23/canada_not_just.php

I am very uncomfortable with the military direction that Canada now seems to be taking. This advertisement is adding to my concerns.

Why are we spending money on this? Do you support the change of Canada's peace-keeping role to what now seems to be an increasingly aggressive military stance? Were you aware of the spending taking place on this ad and related website: http://www.canadianally.com/ . What is the "endpoint" or positioning of our military that this government has in mind?

We used to be respected internationally as peace-keepers. Is this role changing?

I would appreciate a response from you at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your time.

Yours very truly,

Kim Richter.


Kim Richter is in her 3rd term as Langley Township Councillor and also is a Professor of Business at Kwantlen University College. She holds a masters degree in health administration and was a health care management consultant.
....

No comments:

Post a Comment