- On top of that expect an immediate 3 cents a liter tax hike and a 1 to 2 % property tax hike assessment each year over the next 10 years!
- Also bus fare hikes of 1/2 to 1 % a year each year over 14 years.
- There is even the real possibility that trying to save 10 to 15 cents a liter by gasing up in Abbotsford will end if the Translink fuel tax is extended further east into the fraser valley as the new Translink governed area may extend from Pemberton down south through the GVRD and east to Chilliwack!
- Translink will be given power to override Langley's municipal zoning jurisdiction on projects!
- The hated parking stall tax and residential hydro levy will be eliminated.
Friday, March 09, 2007
Langley Will Still Lose Under New Translink
Well our previous Translink Director, Mayor Kurt Alberts, got Langley absolutely nothing from Translink in his almost two year tenure. Nada! Under the new Translink governance model crafted by ex Langley City Mayor, Marlene Grinnell, as a consultant to provincial Transpo Minister Falcon we will probably get even less. That's right, nada plus!
Posted by Langley Free Press at 6:16 am