- Our property tax system is unfair, arbitrary and regressive.
- It's time for councils to adopt rational budgeting rules
- Budgeting should be about frugally allocating resources, not spending increasing amounts of taxpayers' money every year.
- Municipal councillors should be focused on fiscal restraint and accountability.
- Why not just deliver municipal services more cost-effectively?
- Both federal and provincial governments are subject to the scrutiny of an auditor-general. Municipal governments should face the same kind of review to encourage fiscal discipline
- An even better suggestion is to limit the increase in taxes to the rate of the consumer price index, a proposal championed by the Canadian Taxpayers Federation.