- Capt. Nichola Kathleen Sarah Goddard was the first ever female Canadian Soldier killed in combat. See LFP posting. Captain Goddard was a 26-year-old CFB Shilo-based soldier and was killed during a firefight with Taliban insurgents May 17, 2006.
- Four soldiers were killed today April 22,2006 in what could be the worst one-day combat loss for the Canadian army since the Korean War.
- Pte. Robert Costall, age 22 died and three other canadians were wounded during a firefight with Taliban insurgents north of Kandahar early Wednesday morning March 29, 2006.
- A soldier was killed and another later died from his injuries after their armoured vehicle ran off a road in the Kandahar area on March 2, 2006. Six others were injured.
- A Canadian diplomat was killed and three Canadian soldiers were wounded in a suicide bombing near Kandahar on Jan. 15, 2006.
- One soldier lost his life and four were injured when the armoured vehicle they were travelling in rolled over on Nov. 24, 2005, near Kandahar.
- One soldier died in a suicide bombing on Jan. 27 2004 while on patrol near Kabul. Three others were wounded.
- Two soldiers were killed and three were wounded in a roadside bombing southwest of Kabul on Oct. 2, 2003.
- Four soldiers were killed and eight were wounded in a friendly-fire incident near Kandahar on April 18, 2002. A U.S. F-16 fighter jet mistakenly bombed the Canadians, who were on an training exercise.
Saturday, April 22, 2006
Canadian Afghan War Dead Tally - In Honour & In Grief
Posted by Langley Free Press at 10:38 am